How To Track Roller Skating On Fitbit (Guide)
Do you want to track your roller skating progress on Fitbit? If you are an avid skater or just getting started, learning how to track roller skating on Fitbit can help you monitor your progress and see how far you’ve come.
For those who don’t know, Fitbit is an activity tracker that helps people to stay active and live healthier lives. There are many different types of Fitbits, but all of them track things like steps taken, stairs climbed, and calories burned.
One of the great things about Fitbit is it has manual activity adding the feature. If Fitbit doesn’t track your roller skating activity automatically, you can still add it manually. So here we’ll guide you step by step on how to track roller skating on Fitbit with little settings and manual activity adding.
How To Track Roller Skating On Fitbit
First of all, note that there is no specific roller skating activity tracker in Fitbit. However, don’t worry, you can still track your skating progress by adding it as a manual activity.
You can use these to guess your roller skating as they are not the most accurate, but they will give you a good idea of how far you’ve gone and how active you were while skating.
Even an apple watch can’t track roller skating as a specific activity. There is no sensor in the watch that can recognize the activity and report it to the app. You can read how to track roller skating on apple watch for more information.
So if you own Fitbit and want to track your roller skating, you can. Below is the step by step guide.
1. Set Up Your Fitbit Device
First, you need to connect your Fitbit device to your Fitbit account and set it up. You can use a Mobile, computer, or any other device to set it up. However, we recommend mobile as it is more convenient.
To set up your Fitbit device, follow these steps:
- Download the Fitbit app from App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play Store (for Android phone).
- Open the app and tap Join Fitbit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect your device.
- Make sure you have a data connection (Wi-Fi or Cellular) while setting up your device.
- Set up your device according to the instructions that appear.
- If they ask for data syncing, select the “Sync Now” option and allow them.
- Once done, your device will be connected to your Fitbit account.
Note: mobile phone is compatible with some Fitbit devices while others need a computer to set up. You can borrow from your friend or family if you don’t have a mobile or computer.
To check your device compatibility, click here.
2. How To Add Roller Skating As A Manual Activity In Fitbit App
Once your device is connected to your Fitbit account, follow these steps to add roller skating as a manual activity:
- Open the Fitbit app and scroll down to the Log activities.
- You’ll see already selected activities like walking, running, swimming, and cycling.
- With that, you’ll also have a search option.
- So, search here for roller skating, and the option for roller skating and rollerblading will appear.
- You must select roller skating and then hit the “log” button beside it.
- A new page will open where you can enter the details of your skating.
- Enter the date, time, and duration of your skating session.
- You can also add notes if you want.
- Once you are done, hit the “save” button.
3. Test The Details Of Your Roller Skating Sessions
Once you have added roller skating as a manual activity, you can check the details of your session in the app. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Fitbit app and go to the Today tab.
- Scroll down and see the “Last 7 days” section.
- Here, you’ll find all your activities, including the one you just added, roller skating.
- Tap on it, and you’ll be able to see the details like date, time, duration, and notes (if any).
- You can also edit these details from here.
- If you want to delete the activity, tap on the trash can icon.
- You can also ride roller skating around and check the skating activity in the Fitbit app to ensure it is being tracked.
These are the steps you need to follow for track roller skating on Fitbit.
Tips To Get Accurate Results
Although Fitbit or any other device doesn’t track roller skating accurately, by trying some tips below, you can get more accurate results.
Wear your Fitbit device properly. If you are wearing it on your wrist, make sure it is snug and not loose. If you keep it loose, it will not track your activities accurately.
Do the activity at a consistent pace. If you are roller skating, try to maintain the same pace throughout the activity.
Do the activity for at least 10 minutes. Fitbit devices are designed to track activities that are at least 10 minutes long.
Make sure the GPS is turned on if you use a phone to track your activity. This will help in getting a more accurate result.
Make some skating moves before starting your activity. This will help the device to calibrate and track your activity more accurately.
Following the steps above can get more accurate results while tracking roller skating on Fitbit.
In this blog post, we have discussed how to track roller skating on Fitbit. We have also discussed some tips to get a more accurate result. I hope this blog post will be helpful to you.
Thank you for reading!
I am Mary, the founder of skatesidea.com. Skating (Roller skates, Inline skates, Rollerblades) is my passion, and I have years of teaching experience in this field. Our vision and mission is to provide you with accurate information on everything related to skates.